Who we are
This is the website blog for artist William Hagerman whose primary website is: http://www.hagermanart.com
Our website address for this blog is: https://hagermanart.com/blog and is powered by WordPress.
I am located in the United States of America.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Source: Akismet Anti-Spam Plugin
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. (Uploading images from visitors is not allowed on this site)
Source: Photo Gallery Plugin
Your name, email address and IP address are collected and stored in our website database when you comment on and/or rate images on our website.
Source: Easy Digital Downloads (eBook purchases)
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
– Send you important account/order/service information.
– Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
– Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
– Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
– Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
– Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
– Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
– Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
– If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
All cookies can be managed in your browser to accept or not to accept them with the understanding some functionality may be limited or not work.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
For each visitor to Hagerman Art, and in common with other websites, our web server automatically collects statistical data, none of which personally identifies you. It does not collect your name or email address. This data is occasionally reviewed and analyzed to check the performance of this website and is used to improve this website for all visitors. Whenever you visit this website information that your browser sends to us is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages visited on my site and the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. It is not used to attempt to find out your location or market to you.
Who we share your data with
Information about my customers is important to my business and developing a relationship with my customers based on trust. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
* Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services, such as delivery companies when shipping art work. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
* Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
* I do not share or sell your information to third parties for the purpose of marketing.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
You may contact me using my email form.
How we protect your data